Please note, this is only required if you have performed a factory reset. To set up your modem for use after a factory reset, please follow the below steps. To begin, please ensure your power light is blue. There are two options to configure your modem, either using the D-Link Wi-Fi app as covered below, or using an internet browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Tip: If you are using a mobile, it is best to turn off your mobile data for this process.
Option 1: Using your smartphone and the D-Link App to set up your Modem:
1. Search and install the free D-Link Wi-Fi app available on the App Store or on Google Play.
2. Launch the D-Link Wi-Fi app from the home screen of your device.
3. Tap Install New Device in the middle of the screen.
4. Tap YES to scan the setup QR code located on the Quick Install Card and proceed to step. Alternatively, you can tap NO to proceed to step 6.
5. If the QR code is not scanned, Select Router and select DIR-2680 from the list of available devices. Tap NEXT to continue.
6. You will now be presented with an on-screen guide. PLEASE IGNORE the following screens tapping NEXT on each screen until you see the circular progress counter. If you are presented with NOTHING, you need plug or restart your router. Here is a summary of the remaining steps: a) Wait for the top LED light to turn blue. b) Connect to the Wi-Fi with the Username and Password shown in the App. c) When prompted to select Internet Service Provider, select OTHER and tap NEXT. d) Tap Yes to enter an Internet Username and Password. Use dlinkdefault as both the username and the password. Tap NEXT. e) Set you own Wi-Fi network name and password or keep the one shown. Write it down somewhere. Tap NEXT. f) Set an Admin password for your device. You will need this if you want to change device settings through the web-based user interface (e.g., admin2680). Tap NEXT. g) Choose to keep your device up to date automatically. Tap NEXT. h) Tap SAVE.
7. Process complete. You can now connect to your Wi-Fi network using the Wi-Fi name and password. Tap FINISH to end the setup.
Option 2: Using the Setup Wizard through the web configuration utility.
1. Connect your device to the router’s LAN port via your own network cable, or by connecting your device to the router’s Wi-Fi. When the network has connected, open your web browser, and enter http://192.168.0.1 in the URL field as shown.
2. If this is your first time logging in, the setup wizard will automatically appear.
4. From the Internet Service Provider list, choose Others. Click Next. (If you are presented with ‘Configure Your Internet Connection’ please check your cabling and that your Fibre ONT is powered on. Once corrected, click Back until you are at the start of the Wizard and try again).
5. Enter an Internet Username and Password. Use dlink default as both the username and the password. Click Next.
6. Type in a Wi-Fi Network Name and Wi-Fi Password to setup your Wi-Fi network. Your wireless clients will need to have this password to be able to connect to your Wi-Fi network. Click Next to continue.
7. To secure the router’s configuration access, please enter a new AdminPassword. You will be prompted for this password every time you want to use the router’s web configuration utility. Click Next to continue.
8. Confirm your time zone is Pacific/Auckland. Click Next to continue.
9. Choose to ‘Keep my device up to date automatically’. Click Next and Next again to finalise the settings or Back to make any changes.
10. Please wait while the device settings are saved. Do not turn off or unplug your router during this time. Your setup is complete. You can now connect to your Wi-Fi using the password.